Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have a -standing bells palsy. The continual "drooling" and

Customer Question

I have a long-standing bells palsy. The continual "drooling" and watering eye seem to be worsening
JA: The Neurologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: any suggestions?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Yours aye Carol ,
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Happy to wait for a new consultant
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 10 months ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you I will ignore the phone calls

Typing some questions.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No thank you – as it is a long-standing complaint there is no rush to reply
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What I am hoping for is a more modern answer to my question as I am an ex-nursing sister and was made to a GP for 30 years I know the ropes! I would just like to know if there was something more modernBy way of treatment for a long-standing bells palsy

I have already requested you to ignore the system generated phone call request in my introductory statement itself please!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As I said no thank you I could not afford the fees apart from as I said there is no rush for an answer

I need to take some medical history if you don't mind.

1. May I know your age please?
2. Apart from Bell's palsy are there any other new neurological signs which have appeared afresh and progressing?
3. Are you having any pill rolling or bottle threading like movements of the fingers especially thumb?
4. How is your memory off late?
5. Are you having any difficulty in walking and stopping while walking?
6. Are you experiencing any difficulty to turn around or suddenly stop while walking?
7. Are you becoming stiff or rigid sometimes?
8. Are you able to think clearly?
9. Are you experiencing any hallucinations?

Did you get my questions please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No phone calls thank you No phone calls thank you

Please answer my questions.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please.

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No phone calls thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your offer of further assistance....however as I said before...I am an ex nursing sister and the widow of a GP of some 40+ years....so all I wanted to know was if there was any more up to date methods of dealing with the unwelcome side effects of Bell’s palsy.
Things have certainly got worse since I was diagnosed 4 years ago with statin induced PSP the reason why I am now confined to my wheelchair...having been a very fit 74 year old who used to walk my labradors three miles before breakfast every day.. and who can no longer walk across my bedroom....grrrrrr ��
Statins are NOT the "best thing since sliced bread". It is unfortunate that Big Pharma's pockets are SO deep....otherwise I for one would have them in court for misrepresentation of facts.
Sorry to rant on!
Yours aye
Carolyn
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NO PHONE CALLS THANK YOU
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

anticholinergic medications like tolterodine can help dry up your saliva and eyes and cause less tearing and less saliva for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
tolterodine Has too many side effects...eg urinary ones in particular....sorry!

there are other anticholinergic agents to help with too much saliva

one option is botox injections into the salivary glands.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I’ll maybe try the jags...thanks anyway