neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

I am a 26 year old adult whom has been having symptoms

I am a 26 year old adult whom has been having symptoms consistent of a seizure. From 5 years old till 15 I was physically abused by my father. I remember being kicked and punched in the head and being unconscious.
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: my worry is would I have any long lasting damage
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: This has been occurring for more than 5 years
Have you seen a neurologist for this? What exactly is happening when you think you have a seizure?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I get loss of awareness and a unusual sensation of smell
OK, thank you.
To get this fully evaluated, you should see a neurologist. They may do EEG testing to look for evidence of partial seizures, to see if this is what could be causing your symptoms.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How could I see a neurologist?
You can get your family doctor to give you a referral to a neurologist.