How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask neurosurg Your Own Question
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 23743
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
neurosurg is online now

I am a 26 year old adult whom has been having symptoms

This answer was rated:

I am a 26 year old adult whom has been having symptoms consistent of a seizure. From 5 years old till 15 I was physically abused by my father. I remember being kicked and punched in the head and being unconscious.
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: my worry is would I have any long lasting damage
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: This has been occurring for more than 5 years
Have you seen a neurologist for this? What exactly is happening when you think you have a seizure?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I get loss of awareness and a unusual sensation of smell
OK, thank you.
To get this fully evaluated, you should see a neurologist. They may do EEG testing to look for evidence of partial seizures, to see if this is what could be causing your symptoms.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How could I see a neurologist?
You can get your family doctor to give you a referral to a neurologist.
neurosurg and other Neurology Specialists are ready to help you