Dr, Mark
Dr, Mark, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years of medical practice in internal medicine
19706630

I am very unsteady on my feet. I am 88 years old. Thanks,

I am very unsteady on my feet. I am 88 years old. Thanks
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Not seen a doctor yet but am due to see him shortly as a hospital has found I have a heart problem. I do not take any medication as of now.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: My upcoming operation is for a hip revision. I haved already had a revision to the other hip. Eg I will soon have had 4 operations on my hips
Hi. Your unsteady gait most likely is from the hip and associated muscle weakness . Especially of you have pain from the hip this will makes you unsteady. Physical therapy before and after surgery can help.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks for that advice which I find encouraging. I will make enquiries about physical therapy available locally from my GP.