tazechip
tazechip, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified in Critical Care Medicine
18722459

Foot neurology is asdociated with diabetes in the feet?

Customer Question

Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Suffere from chronic type 2 diabetes i suffer clasdic symptons ie tingling ,swollen feet pulled musscle and balance issues how can i get thede assessed from
Category: Neurology
Expert:  tazechip replied 8 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
This definitely sounds like diabetic neuropathy

To evaluate that you need nerve conduction studies and EMG's of the legs and I would also get an MRI of your lumbar spine to check for disk problems and nerve root compression

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would like to know is a duabetic nuerologist able to independently assess and verify my condition and its asdociated problems for appeal againt personal independence payment appeal
I suffer from balance pribkens,cant walk without someone to support or keep an eye on me,i also suffer constant pains,swolken feet,etc.can you pls advisr who i need to approach?
Expert:  tazechip replied 8 months ago.

Yes a neurologist can do that

Where exactly do you live?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I live in Halifax,west yorks are you abke recomnrnd or advise of someone in my area?
Expert:  tazechip replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I meant private consultants