wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am a person with relapsing/remitting Multiple Sclerosis. I

Customer Question

I am a person with relapsing/remitting Multiple Sclerosis. I have been given conflicting information on the efficacy of Hyperbaric Chambers. I have problems with my feet and legs due to a relapse 10 years ago, I also have pain due to fibromyalgia. Can anyone say if my condition might benefit from using a chamber. I have also been told that it stops MS from advancing to another stage.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 months ago.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** wait your response
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 months ago.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and have your GP refer you to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No this has nothing to do with my question regarding using a Hyperbaric chamber. As I said I have MS , I have been treated for the past 12years by many doctors, I certainly do not need to be referred to more, I just wanted another opinion on the Hyperbaric chamber