wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I'm 23 years old. I have treatments in mind for my untreated

Customer Question

Hi. I'm 23 years old.I have treatments in mind for my untreated high functioning autism.How do I find out where I can get them done?
My GP said he didn't have anyone to refer me to.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 months ago.

Expert:  Anthony Osula replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Osula, your GP would have to refer you to the mental health team for adults. This referral will be triaged by the team who will then put your case forward to a consultant that specialises in autism. I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That hasn’t helped at all.
I have health insurance and I hope they will be paying for this to be done privately.
I need to know where I can get the treatments done
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have to choose the place I get it done

Ok, I'm sorry I wont be able to help in that case, good luck

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 months ago.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and have your GP refer you to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS