Neurodoc
Neurodoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD, Trained in Neurology with special reference to developmental & behavioral disorders
239748

A few scattered lobulated hyperintensities are seen on the

A few scattered lobulated hyperintensities are seen on the t2 weighted imaging and Flair in the periventricular deep white matter. No mass effect or midline shift is noted. In the appropriate clinical setting, this is of concern for determination. However, other conditions like migraine and acute disseminated encephalomyelitis cannot be entirely excluded.
Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: What does this mean? Should i go private rather than wait 6 months
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Lack of clarity in thaught, tiredness, digestive discomfort. Feeling of pressure in head rather than pain.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have felt symptoms for the last 9 months after a viral infection, i have also been under extreme stress facing financial pressures, a vindictive partner and i am homeless.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The MRI results are from April last year just after the viral infection for an unrelated eyesight condition (optic nerve arisen) no action was taken until i asked my go to review the results to see if there was any indication of the causation of my ongoing fatigue. I have been referred to a neurology department with a 31 week wait
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Optic nerve Drusen*
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
demyelination, not determination*
Thanks for contacting the medical experts.
The results do not suggest any serious acute problems.
Any mild inflammation can produce these.
Given your symptoms you certainly need a neurologist consultation. If the symptoms are getting worse, go to private care...
Otherwise waiting may be fine too.
Please remember to leave a positive rating if you found the answer helpful as this is the only way we are compensated for the time and effort spent answering your question,
You can always get back for any clarifications even after rating me,
Warm regards
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Could you give me a quick rundown in more common terms what "A few scattered lobulated hyperintensities are seen on the t2 weighted imaging and Flair in the periventricular deep white matter. No mass effect or midline shift is noted. In the appropriate clinical setting, this is of concern for demyelination. However, other conditions like migraine and acute disseminated encephalomyelitis cannot be entirely excluded” means in plain simple English

This is what it means ...

Hyperintensity is a term used in MRI reports to describe how part of an image looks on MRI scan. Most MRIs are in black/white with shades of gray. A hyperintensity is an area that appears lighter in color than the surrounding tissues;

Hyperintensity on a T2 sequence MRI basically means that the brain tissue in that particular spot differs from the rest of the brain. A bright spot, or hyperintensity, on T2 scan is nonspecific by itself and must be interpreted within clinical context (symptoms, why you had the MRI done in the first place, etc).

If there is no specific clinical diagnosis ... then these may be suggestive of non- specific changes in the brain, rather than pointing to any specific disease.

The FLAIR sequence is used to suppress the hyperintense signal produced by water (or cerebrospinal fluid) in the brain. This is especially helpful when looking for lesions around the brain ventricles (which contain cerebrospinal fluid).

Migraine & many other conditions can produce these findings, but in your situation a serious cause appears unlikely,

I hope that helps.

Source: https://www.healthcentral.com/article/what-does-hyperintensity-mean-mri-report

Warm regards