Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

My son(9 years old) has ongoing testicular pain.antibiotics

Customer Question

my son(9 years old) has ongoing testicular pain.antibiotics and painkillers do not work. He had USG done but all looked fine. We wonder if this pain can not be caused by nerve damage or something like that. Pain comes and goes in intervals and feels like pinching.
JA: The Neurologist can help. To begin, do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: not all
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your son's medical history the Neurologist should know?
Customer: he has food allergy nuts and shellfish and the pain is now ongoing for a week with very little improvement even with strong painkillers there is not much change in the pain intensity and antibiotic did not work as we were told at the end that it was viral not bacterial. We would like to know if it can be caused by nerves in the area as pinched or damaged nerve.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 18 days ago.

Because the testes arise embryologically in close proximity to the kidneys, pain arising in the kidneys or retroperitoneum may also be referred to as the testes. So an abdominal ultrasound, intravenous pyelography and a CT scan of the abdomen also should be done to evaluate testicular pain (as the medical imaging of testes/scrotum) was normal.

A passing kidney stone or kidney or ureter diseases may cause pain in scrotum/testes.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 17 days ago.

A positive rating would be highly appreciated for my time.

You are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on the honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Sending good, healthy vibes your way.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.