Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I have been suffering for 4 months with a constant headache

I have been suffering for 4 months with a constant headache on the left side, along with numbness, tingling, memory loss, severe vertigo, dragging left leg and other symptoms...
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Today I had a neurology appointment and he said that he'll book me for a scan which I was meant to have last year (that's a long story), he refused to hurry the process as I have been waiting for so long. Anyway, he said if they find nothing then I may have NFD, which isn't good enough honestly. I suffer from other physical problems and more that may not be fixed isn't good enough.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: The headache is constant, but I then have flare ups where it is excruciating. It can last a day, atm I am having a flare up which started on Monday.

Hi, I'm Dr Osula, you'll need a whole barrage of tests to find out whats going on such as MRI scan, lumbar puncture, blood tests, etc

There;s possibility of hemiplegic migraine which presents similar to a stroke and can affect one whole side of the body

NFD is diagnosed not just on normal findings but also on positive phyiscal signs like Hoovers test and others. It just means that the brain and body are not connecting together properly

Have you tried migraine treatment?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have tried pills for the migraine but they did nothing, I am on Topiramte for nerve damage which I have to increase the dose of to see if it will help migraine. Does it sound like a migraine to you? All I have heard is "it might be" so pills get chucked at me but none of them have helped.

Yes, I've mentioned that it sounds like hemiplegic migraine but this is all speculation till you have further tests

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, thank you. I think that is all.

no worries, after the tests, pls come back to discuss more

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, I'll try my best. Thank you.

No worries, thans for the feedback rating