Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I started with pain in my liver area, over time this area

Customer Question

I started with pain in my liver area, over time this area has been covered in a rash, though its not like spots, it's soft but looks cross between blister and warts...
I also have benign lumps on mmy tonsil, in my wrist, and breast that have come on over time.
Last 18 months to 2 years my pains been levelling up, especially in my neck and down my right arm,... Sometimes get numbness and tingling in same hand. Feels like a nerve trapped in spine, neck area, I had physio for a while but when massaging my shoulder area it sent my arm numb
It's a hot stabbing pain, like hot knives
Also get this in the base of my skull... Headaches often right side and eye
I feel like my glasses prescription seems to be deteriorating quite rapidly
I'm struggling for a diagnosis, I feel like it's all interlinked somehow, the 'rash' included
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 13 days ago.
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
May I request you to upload an image of the rash please?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (GMMVS5Q)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your response, I think I've sent one
Please hold on...the image is downloading.
1. May I know your age please?
2. How long has this pain been there for?
3. Is it only pain or is there any tingling and numbness too?
4. Is the pain aggravated by movement?
5. Has it started after any unaccustomed work or heavy exercise or weight lifting?
6. Are you a hypertensive or diabetic?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
35, onset 6 years, started liver area, neck and nerve pain 2 years, numbness tingling, 12 months... No exercise because pain and fatigue worse when tired... If I stretch that side it eases slightly, compressed pinches more, and no hypertension or diabeties

Thank you for the information.

We are dealing with 2 unrelated issues here.

1. Radiculopathy - related to pain.
2. Molluscum contagiosum - related to skin bumps.

I will explain one by one so that you can be well informed before your next consultation please.

Radiculopathy:

This usually occurs due to pressure or force on the nerve anywhere along its tract by the adjacent tissues like - bone or tendon or inter-vertebral disc (commonly called a herniated disc). The discs that sit between the vertebrae have a tough outer shell and jelly-like center. The outer shell of the discs can sometimes break open, spilling the jelly material inside. This is what doctors call a herniated disc. Herniated discs can cause symptoms, because the jelly material that spills out of them can irritate nearby nerves. Plus, the disc itself can bulge and press on nerves.

There are tests that can check for a herniated disc, but most people do not need them. That's because many people who have symptoms of a herniated disc get better on their own, regardless of what that test shows.

Imaging tests, such as an MRI or a CT scan, can show what the tissues inside the back look like. These tests can find a herniated disc if one is there. But doctors do not usually offer this test until a person has had symptoms for at least 4 to 6 weeks. In most cases, it does not make sense to order the test sooner, because the treatment for herniated disc during those first few weeks is the same no matter what an imaging test might show.

Management includes -

●Pain medicines that you can get without a prescription. (If these do not work, doctors and nurses can prescribe stronger pain medicines.)

●Medicines to relax the muscles (called muscle relaxants)

●Injections of medicines that numb the back or reduce swelling

●Physical therapy to teach you special exercises and stretches

●Spinal manipulation, which is when someone like a physical therapist or a chiropractor moves or "adjusts" the joints of your back

●Acupuncture, which is when someone who knows traditional Chinese medicine inserts tiny needles into your body to block pain signals

●Massage

If not better then surgery might be contemplated.

Molluscum contagiosum:

Molluscum contagiosum is the name of a virus that causes a skin infection of the same name. The infection is common and can develop in children and adults. The virus is spread by skin-to-skin contact or by contact with an object with the virus on it, such as a used towel or washcloth. Symptoms of molluscum include small, skin-colored growths on the skin - - which look like viral warts with an central umbilication or depression (like what we see here).

Molluscum contagiosum usually resolves on its own without complications after a number of months to up to a year or two. While treatment for molluscum is optional, it may be performed for cosmetic reasons and to prevent spread to new areas on the skin.

There are several treatment options -

●Freezing the growths (called cryotherapy)

●Scraping off the growths (called curettage)

●A treatment called Canthardin, which forms a blister and gets rid of the molluscum once the blister heals

●A medication called podophyllotoxin, which can be applied to the molluscum bumps.

Salicylic acid is a common topical medication for skin problems. It is available over the counter (OTC) or by prescription. However, the OTC version is not as strong as the one that doctors prescribe.

Apply twice weekly 12% Salicylic acid gel on the lesions till resolution or 6 months.

May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your PCP and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 10 days ago.

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani