Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

Please can you help?

Hello please can you help ?
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Please quote your neurology health query here.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please.

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello. Thank you for your txt. I have symptons relating to MS and await further testing

Ok glad that you are under medical attention - get well soon.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Apparently not as it is incurable but thank you

I am sorry for your symptoms - but there are good disease modifying agents now - though not cured - good control is achievable.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you I appreciate your help as I am experiencing acute anxiety and having panic attacks

Hi...By what you say, your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you - I feel that what you are experiencing is severe anxiety and panic episodes.

I have suggested some home remedies and life style modifications to many of my patients with excellent positive feed back.

I suggest -

1. Drink a lot of water and especially take few sips when you are experiencing these symptoms.

2. Take deep breaths and self suggest yourself that you are going to be alright and that you do not have any serious ailment.

3. Try breathing exercises/ yoga and pranayama under the guidance of a trained professional.

4. Keep yourself busy and constantly involved in the work you like most - even some hobby.

5. If these suggestions are not working then, after evaluation you might require anxiolytic medications please.

"If you need more help, please reply to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, your 5-star rating (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort) at this time is greatly appreciated".

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Main sympton is eye strain which I'm assuming is optic neuritis and acute fatigue common symptons MS

1. Is this an electric shock like sensation whcih is felt moving down the limbs?

2. Is this a jerky movement which is felt just before you are falling asleep or just before you are waking up?

3. Is there any family history multiple sclerosis?

4. Is there any double vision?

5. Are you experiencing any weakness in any part of the body?

6. Are there any bladder problems like urgency or frequency or loss of control?

7. Are there any involuntary muscle twitchings?

8. Are you experiencing the symptoms only now or have they been recurring?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hadnt noticed symptons until they were asked 're bladder control well I'm 60 yrs and it's not always ideal my pelvic floor muscle is weak. No family history . Some leg pain on going to sleep but stand for long hours at reception desk . I have funny like muscle spasms at night and sometimes restleg leg but I accepted all these things as age . But the more I am over thinking these feelings the worse the panics are as I'm winding myself right up

I understand and I am sorry to say that indeed your doctors have been right in suggesting to work up for MS.

But it only a workup and not an established diagnosis.

Such symptoms can happen at your age in -

1. Benign Fasciculation syndrome.

2. Idiopathic peripheral neuropathy.

I will explian about both.

Benign Fasciculation Syndrome.

Benign fasciculations are common. Despite the favorable prognosis of benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS), patients are often anxious about their symptoms. In a recent study published in 2018 - it was quoted that - BFS is a benign disorder that usually persists over time. Commonly associated symptoms include subjective weakness, sensory symptoms, and cramps. BFS is usually not associated with pathologic anxiety.

I suggest you take OTC vitamin D and calcium supplements on a regular basis

I will send a link -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnesium-Supplement-Vegetarian-Nu-Nutrition/dp/B01N295CCY

This ships to UK and you can use 2 per day.

Idiopathic Peripheral neuropathy.

I suggest you take neurovitamins available as tablet Neurobion Forte - taken one tablet once a day for 3 months please.

You can buy it online here -

https://www.amazon.com/Neurobion-CLASSICO-Tablets-Vitamin-Booster/dp/B003KI53T2

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thank you so much for all your help.
Stay safe...get well soon.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can I take 5-HTP to help me relax and get sleep .I think it's Seretonin ?

NO please try to avoid it till you have been ruled out negative for MS.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Oh ok thank you

Okay