Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have had a recent MRI and bloods for headaches, fatigue

Customer Question

Hello, I have had a recent MRI and bloods for headaches, fatigue and a feeling of weakness in arms. All came back clear apart from mild vit D deficiency. My headaches have settled but I’m still feeling weak and slightly shaky especially in my left arm and I’ve noticed I’m losing weigh and the last weak had some trouble swallowing food. Could this be Motor Neuron disease or some other neurology issue?
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: Weight yes the other stuff not so much
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of no
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It should say over the last week I’ve had some trouble swallowing.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 year ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 year ago.

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age and gender please?

2. Are you experiencing any weakness of the arms or legs?

3. Are you having any awkward limb movements?

4. Is there any trouble in speaking or swallowing?

5. Since how long have you had this muscle twitching?

6. Are you frequently tripping and falling?

7. Are you experiencing any sudden mood changes?

8. Is there any family history of neurodegenerative disease or ALS?

9. When was your last calcium and Vitamin D levels checked?

10. Are you currently on any regular medications or supplements?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1-29 year old male
2-weakness in left arm and grip feels weaker (arm seems to fatigue quicker then right)
3-don’t think so
4-some problems swallowing food and burping more than usual no issues with speech
5-my hands shaking slightly for about a month muscle twitching about 3 days
6-no
7-yes but nothing extreme
8-no
9- vit d checked a week a go. Mild deficiency and have been taking over the counter supplements.
10- just vit d. Nothing else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 year ago.

Hello...thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information please.

From you symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities are -

1. Vitamin D and calcium and magnesium deficiency.

2. Idiopathic twitching.

3.Benign Fasciculation Syndrome.

Benign fasciculations are common. Despite the favorable prognosis of benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS), patients are often anxious about their symptoms. In a recent study published in 2018 - it was quoted that - BFS is a benign disorder that usually persists over time. Commonly associated symptoms include subjective weakness, sensory symptoms, and cramps. BFS is usually not associated with pathologic anxiety.

I suggest you take OTC vitamin D and calcium supplements on a regular basis

I will send a link -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnesium-Supplement-Vegetarian-Nu-Nutrition/dp/B01N295CCY

This ships to UK and you can use 2 per day.

Need not be worried about any serious neurological issues please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800