Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

It’s Darren, I have generated a new page

Hi- it’s Darren , I have generated a new page

Hi Darren, thanks for doing that.

Muscle twitching in that area is not uncommon due to the muscle size. The most common cause is either an electrolyte imbalance, so ensure you are hydrated. However the muscle can be rather tight and is often under stretched, so regular stretching of this area is useful in view of improving the flexibility and length of the muscle/ligaments.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, it’s calmed down a tad at the min! This morning I could literally look at my leg and watch the calf flicker every second or so in different parts of calf! Both calf’s!
Can I just ask one more thing...
Is it a good sign it’s doing both calf’s at same time? When I had my appointment I’m sure he said its not really worrying if I’m different parts of body?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ps, thanks a lot- really helpful to be able to ask a neurologist, as it means the difference to mr even sleeping rather then just worry!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I need to pay anymore just shout as I’m not sure when to pay!!!!

Not a problem. Please could you kindly rate my response by clicking the stars, JustAnswer pay for my time with a percentage for each question, thank you...you can continue on this thread as it has just started

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, will do in sec!
So is it a good sign it’s in both legs and other places ? Rather then located to one place!
Sure the neurologist said that but doubting myself?

No worries, so localised in that area is reassuring. How long has it been doing it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It’s in both legs? Twitches have been going on for months! Odd one accross body- but last week mainly in both calf’s,

Have you had any blood tests at all? I now can't see the prior thread sorry

It doesn't show a neurological problem, but anything for months should be assessed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m sure at appointment he said, it’s more worrying when it’s in one limb! And if it’s in more places it’s not worrying? On the whole I don’t think the twitches are any worse since jan- been better at time! Maybe noticing as wearing shorts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw neurologist- he did all reflexes etc, and mri! Everything all clear so discharged! My dr thinks anxiety issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
had loads of blood tests! Showed very low vit d ! Only thing that’s shown
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been more worried it’s neurological- but it seems nobody thinks it is! And you seem to agree,
As I say mri was totally clear! Reflex test by neurologist was if anything slightly delayed! So all this points to a non neurological problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had ent - clear!
Had endoscopy - oesophagitus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry don’t have to answer all that.
Just after knowing all that you think it’s not neurological?

Great, that is incredibly thorough, nothing to worry about

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah I think they are at a loss!
Hopefully it will go away!Thank you