Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I start having difficulty in sneaking, In last days,

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I start having difficulty in sneaking
JA: Do you have frequent headaches? Any issues with coordination or balance?
Customer: In last days, headeache in last week but moderete
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Headeache is dayly
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I done blood test and chest ct,x ray,all good
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have over 5 heure of wating

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for waiting.

You are having difficulty with speaking and having daily headaches?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hy
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
but speaking is just in last days
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I wrote because I start thinking of having the ALS disease

Thank you, ***** ***** you describe you symptoms in more detail and when they started so I have a better understanding please. thanks

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
In last days a had this difficulty of speaking,example is like sometime is hard to say the exactly words or I say some other words instead,but I realized straight away in my mind the words are wrong and I try to reduce my mistakes! My headeache is from 10 days ago,a mild headache who is comeing and going few times a day!
I got some stress in last month and I think anxiety.i done an x ray for my chest,blood test and in beginning of this year an CT for my chest aswell,all was good! I am worried about my mind health and not to have ASL!THANK YOU A LOT

Thank you. And please can I ask your age? and if you take any medications?

thanks

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My age is 29,no any medications

Okay thank you. And finally, by ASL, do you mean ALS? a neurological condition

So your symptoms do not make me concerned about an unusual neurological condition and the reason why is there duration of symptoms.

Of course it is very concerning to suddenly find it harder to find the correct words, my first though with this would be a mini stroke such as a TIA, however given your age, and that you have not had any associated symptoms such as one sided facial weakness (please do correct me if this is wrong). You are young and therefore this is unlikely, however the contraceptive pill is the only thing that would put someone at risk, but is only taken by females (sorry I haven't asked your sex).

I think a combination of stress, headache and anxiety is causing your symptoms. Stress will certainly stop us from thinking clearly, commonly affects memory.

A headache would also contribute to this if you are in regular discomfort. It is important to be aware that stress is also a cause of headaches, such as a tension headache, and anxiety can aggravate the stress.

Could you describe you headache for me please...when it started, is it constant or comes and goes, it it aggravated by movement (getting up and walking), does resting in a dark room help, does it feel like a pulsation, and where abouts on your head do you feel the discomfort?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am a male,my headeache come and gone few time a day and is situated in the middle of my head,not back or front,from 1-10 my pain is around 3 .is not any difference if iwork or walk.and is not a pulsating is like a pain who stay for maximum 1-2 minutes and is going

Great thanks. Have you taken anything for it?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
few pain killers

Okay thanks.

So I can reassure you that you do not have ALS - this requires a number of upper and lower motor neuron symptoms affecting more than one area.

If you have had recent blood tests which were normal, it suggests there is nothing underlying of concern. The investigations you have had this year are also reassuring.

I think you should get something stronger for your headaches, in this instance I would consider getting a prescription for Naproxen to be used regularly for a few days to see if this settles down. If the headache settles then I anticipate the word finding issue you had would improve.

If however it does not, then you need a full neurological examination which can be done by your GP, as well as checking your eyes and Blood pressure for possible causes of your headache.

Your GP would be able to prescribe for you over the phone so I would suggest requesting this first as assuming you are only taking paracetamol and/or ibuprofen, I think you need something stronger to take away these symptoms

Please feel free to ask me any further questions if you have any

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for support,was all ii need to know,I hope to not have the Lou Gehrig disease or ALS ,I hope you have a good day!

Good morning, that is my pleasure. This is nothing serious and none of those conditions would be on my list of differential diagnoses.

Best of luck.

Please could you kindly rate my response using the stars, many thanks

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hello again,this symptoms not going and the headaches comeing harder:(and sometimes I have confusion as well,and yes a lot of stress in this period:( I am to worried,I will ask hospital for an appointment with neurologist aswell