Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

3 months ago I started getting pain in my right hand where

Hi. 3 months ago I started getting pain in my right hand where my thumb is. A couple of weeks later the pain was now in both arms and my left leg and in my thoracic spine. The pain in the arms is like a dull acing with pains in my fingers. It gets worse when I even text a message or hold somethingina certain place. The pain in my left leg is also like a full ache with shooting nerve pain travelling down the full leg to the heel sometimes. The pain in my thoracic seems like it’s linked to my arms as when my arms are worse that pain is worse, it is also sore to touch. I also get muscle twitching and crepitus all over often. I have had MRI scans of my head, neck and all of my spine but it hasn’t shown anything telling apart from a couple of slightly bulging discs in my neck, which apparently aren’t pressing on nerves. I have had blood tests taken and all came back fine apart from I have high muscle enzymes (250?). My case has been sent off to a Neurologist and has now requested to see me urgently. As there is still a big waiting list I’m just trying to see what this could be. Can you help please? I am 37 and male

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Can you upload me the MRI report please?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi. Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don’t have access to this, I’m from the UK and they don’t generally give people the copies. Apparently I have slight bulging at 2 points in my neck and similar signs further down my spine but nothing showing any compression...
Thank you for the information.
I am sorry for your symptoms and I understand your concern.
All the symptoms are exquisitely fitting into to radiculopathy because of multiple limb involvement and also the shooting nerve pain traveling down the leg.
Many a time MRI might simply show bulging disc but it whether it is really compressing or not is to be decided only upon the patient's symptoms.
All these things are definitely fitting into to a bulging disc and I do not think this is a simple case of of muscular spasm or any other muscle related pathology.
I do agree that muscle enzymes were elevated, but it can happen in severe pain and spasm also which could be secondary to the nerve compression.
When you said only about with thumb pain I even considered carpal tunnel syndrome but as I read down the line with your problem I felt it could be more in line with radiculopathy.If you want I would be glad to explain you more about radiculopathy in detail so that you can be well informed before your next consultation please.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you for your answer. I have been concerned about something sinister like ALS. Do you think this could be possible? Thanks

NO please - does not look anything like ALS.

ALS is a debilitating one and rapidly progressive in weeks to months.

Very unusual at your age too.

Moreover weakness would be predominant - rather than pain in ALS.

Hope you got my medical logic.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok I appreciate your informative answers. Hopefully it’s nothing serious. Thanks

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.