Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I am 80 year old fairly fit man that has suffered stocking

Customer Question

Hi. I am 80 year old fairly fit man that has suffered stocking anaesthesia in left foot 4months, and bilateral glove anaesthesia hands same time. Recently about 3weeks ago Ideveloped perineal Paraesthesia. This is particularly noticeable at night. No bowel disturbance, but delayed micturition. I have had slow passing of urine especially at night for some years. Should I visit the Emergency Dept today?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Nothing particular makes a difference. Health otherwise is OK and I try to keep fit
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I do have Idiopathic Pulmonary fibrosis but not on antifibrotics , and have had rec en t. Carpal Tunnel surgery
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 7 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 7 days ago.

Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take a few minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific question, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you but please ignore the call request if you don't want it. If you don't accept and attend it, you will not be charged and if you get charged, you will get an automatic refund. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 7 days ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Your symptoms are absolutely consistent with nerve compression in your lower back. There is no need to go to the ER right now. Rather you should wait to see your primary care physician as these symptoms have been going on for quite some time. Till then You should use over the counter available tablet Aleve 500 mg twice daily for 5 to 7 days, massage the lower back with Bengay gel twice daily, and apply heating pads to the area twice daily. See your doctor and get X rays and MRI and then you may need physical therapy or surgery but I reassure you that you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 7 days ago.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It's my goal to deliver excellent services, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site. Regards