Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I spoke to someone on Thursday night about a throbbing pain

Customer Question

I spoke to someone on Thursday night about a throbbing pain I was having in the back left side of my head which was on and off for a fair few days and they said it was most likely a migraine. Friday and Saturday I didn’t really experience any more pain however today the pain has returned in the left back of my head however it’s more like a burning sensation and a constant dull ache. I am a slight hypochondriac and worry about these kind of things.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 days ago.

Your symptoms are suggestive of;

1) Migraine or tension headache.

2) Anxiety.

Tension headaches are the most common type of primary headache. So probably this would be the first to be considered in the differential diagnosis of your headache also. A tension headache is a headache caused by tense muscles in the face, neck, or scalp. These headaches give a feeling of tightness around the head. The neck muscles can also become sore and tight. Tension headaches can be caused by staying in one position for a long time, such as reading, playing video games, or using a computer.

Migraine headaches are the second most common type of primary headache.

This is not because of anything serious.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 day ago.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating for my time with you! Thank you!”. We are compensated only by a positive rating.

Stay blessed.