DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am 80 y ears old and generally in good health apart from

Customer Question

I am 80 y ears old and generally in good health apart from IPF. I have also been diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis and have bilateral glove hand anaesthesia diagnosed after EMG studies
As Carpal Tunnel for which I have r ecently had Carpal Tunnel release.
Some 10 days ago I became aware of saddle Paraesthesia affecting perineal area and buttocks, no noticeable change in micturition, urinary flow, or bowel problems although for the last several years I have suffered from frequency and hesitancy particularly at night.
I would plan to call the GP tomorrow in some 12 hours time. Should that be OK and if Itake it easy will it settle ?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 11 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

I think you must get it examined

You may need an MRI to see the progression of spinal stenosis or any entrapped nerve

After examining and an MR one can be sure that whether this will settle on its own or will require any other treatment

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Do you have any other question ?