Neurodoc
Neurodoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD, Trained in Neurology with special reference to developmental & behavioral disorders
239748

I have an illness since Jan 2019. yes, is this chat

Customer Question

Hi, I have an illness since Jan 2019.
JA: Do you have frequent headaches? Any issues with coordination or balance?
Customer: yes
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Hello is this chat responsive
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neurodoc replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer. Good day to you, I am Dr, Gupta. I'm board-certified with over 20 years experience. I have been reviewing your concern and I very much would like to help. The computer system will generate a phone call request if that is something you would like to consider as well. Otherwise, I am happy to chat with you here too.
Kind regards,

Expert:  Neurodoc replied 15 days ago.

I am sorry to hear about your problems,

Can you tell me more about yourself like your age sex, relevant medical history, and more details about your problems so that I can try to assist you in the best possible way?

Warm regards

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am 31 M. I've noted my medical history down on my computer. I'll paste it here. It's a bit long
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
In Jan 2019, I felt a sensation in my brain when I put too much pressure on it while thinking hard about something. It was like something filling in my brain in upwards direction. It felt good like I’m getting free from worries and getting happy/satisfied. Later whenever I put too much pressure on brain upwards, I kept feeling same sensation. I felt it til May 2019. After few weeks of first feeling it, by every day, I started feeling my face getting light especially right part of face below ear level and feeling mentally too active. Like I was thinking about something all the time and couldn’t calm my mind. I felt more and more free of worries. Whenever I was too excited, I felt like my brain moving up and became light and if I calm down, I would feel it getting down and normal weight.At the beginning of May 2019, this sensation stopped and other symptoms started. I have been feeling these symptoms since then. I felt 2 major symptoms. First is related to not able to feel my body and second is sensation in face.I woke up one day and felt that I couldn’t feel my head completely. Like I couldn’t feel where is my chin, nose or ear. I feel some parts of them and that too lightly. I could’t feel my brain at all and also couldn’t think properly. I couldn’t make any fast decision. I had to write on paper to make a decision. All the time it was like a mental confusion but excited all the time. I felt happy and feel like laughing all the time and couldn’t worry about anything. I was processing information very differently from when I was normal. Like I was seeing everything but I couldn’t think it in my brain and accept it. My memories became vague. I couldn’t remember how to walk properly. Same with my body. When I touched my own body, it felt different. My whole body felt light. Especially left part including head, shoulder, neck and legs. Like when I am standing and put both my hands in my jacket pocket, the left shoulder feels way loose than the right.About the face, I couldn’t feel my mouth normal. I felt it being pushed forward and to the left from inside. After that I couldn’t control my voice and I had trouble breathing. Like I wasn’t inhaling enough air. Something is blocking in mouth. When I tried to relax, my face turns to left by itself. Its like my whole right part of face has been pulled towards forward and left. I started feeling a strange sensation in my right part of face below ear level including lips, cheek continuing in neck and shoulders and a few times other parts of body. It’s like a constant pull in my face towards the back and the right. I have been feeling that sensation since May 2019, 24/7. I feel this constant sensation and my head, neck, shoulder, leg etc. getting more normal weight everyday. As a result I am also getting more and more control back. I feel the same sensation in my head that I felt in beginning but opposite direction. I feel more calmer everyday. But my recovery is no where near normal. Sometimes I also feel burning sensations for few seconds in my face from time to time.
Expert:  Neurodoc replied 15 days ago.

Have you been evaluated by a doctor for these symptoms?
Warm regards

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I visited the doctor recently and they said they would be contacting the neurology team
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Also. I haven't visited doctor sooner because I didn't feel comfortable and tried to manage the symptoms by my own
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, can you give me an idea when should I expect a response?
Expert:  Neurodoc replied 15 days ago.

My apologies for the delay in response,

I would have to agree that a neurology consult and possibly neuro-imaging like an MRI is the way forward, as this will help you figure out if the symptoms are due to a neurological disease in the brain, a problem in the nerves (a nerve conduction test may be needed) or this may be related to stress and anxiety in addition to any other medical issues,

I would recommend getting an appointment as soon as feasible, so that we can find if you need specific treatment for these symptoms,

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer. I hope I have given you a satisfactory answer. If you have any follow up questions, please reply here and I'll be happy to assist you.
Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD