Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

Been having issues with nerves for about a year doc refuses

Customer Question

Been having issues with nerves for about a year doc refuses to refer me as he says it’s anxiety but I know my body and I don’t believe it is have seen a neurologist on nhs about a year ago due to all my symptoms but they nothing but a pgc which they say is non symptomatic but since then my symptoms have got worse as in pins and needle in hands a feet and at times all over body and most recently having numbness and burning in toes and finger tips am at my wits end don’t know who to turn to
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: only in my memory
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of I suspect neuropathy but don’t know just had enough of the pain I hardly sleep having visual disturbances very intense temperatures which last for days even weeks which is becoming an issue since now get temp checked everywhere due to COVID
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 19 days ago.

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today.

If you are concerned about a neuropathy, the question is why, therefore you will need some blood tests to exclude diabetes.

If you are therefore getting symptoms in all peripheries then you will need your B12 levels checked and an MRI lumbar spine and head to look for causes. I would suggest doing this before seeing a Neurologist again and therefore go back and discuss this with your doctor.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Have had all those tests apart from lumbar but my doc just won’t listen I think he thinks I’m making it upb

Okay thanks, ***** ***** good, I assume this was all normal then.

Would you be able to see a Neurologist privately?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have got an appointment for next week with one but is interested in the pgc I have in my head which I’m told is not symptomatic so I don’t know if he will be interested in my other symptoms I hope he does listen I want to push for a lumbar land emg nerve conduction rest

That is great, and soon! Chat with them about what your thoughts are, they will at least address them and justify their management and choice of investigations so that you are on the same page.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
all tests so far have been all clear apart from mri which showed a year ago an 8mm pgc which I’m consistently told it’s not symptomatic
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 18 days ago.

Okay thanks, ***** ***** you well with this. Good luck.