neurosurg
neurosurg, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Neurosurgeon
206912

I had a Traumatic Bain Injury earlier this year, with

Customer Question

HI, I had a Traumatic Bain Injury earlier this year, with contusions and a bleed to my brain.
I'm still unable to go back to work 8 months on and still suffering with Pain, Fatigue and memory issues and ciurrently going through rehabilitation. I have lost my income so I put a claim in against my critical illness that covers TBI witht he following definition , neurological Permanent deficit with persistent clinical symptoms, I spoke to my consultant today he confirmed I have permanent damage to my brain but its impossible for a DR day to if you will have symptons for the rest of my like, my question is legally can an insurance company ask for confirmation that its impossible to get
Category: Neurology
Expert:  neurosurg replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Mark. I am board certified (USA), and have twenty years experience. Please allow me to review your question.

Expert:  neurosurg replied 14 days ago.

Your insurance company can ask for whatever they want -- but that doesn't mean you can't have your doctor answer their question.

They can say that it is more likely than not that you have permanent damage.

For lawyers, you don't have to have 100% certainty. You just have to have more than 50% certainty. So your doctor can write that you have permanent damage to the brain based on radiologic criteria, and that it is likely, within a reasonable degree of medical certainty, that you will have a degree of cognitive impairment as well.

(this is generally valid here in the USA, for lawyers in the UK, you may want to ask them specifically here in the UK law group).

Expert:  neurosurg replied 14 days ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Best wishes for your health.

Sincerely,

Dr. Mark

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If I could also ask a question with regards ***** ***** 2 of fingers , it’s not on my palm or all of my hand , this happens during the day with out doing anything . Does this sound like part of my injury or maybe something else
Expert:  neurosurg replied 14 days ago.

Which fingers?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
my index finger and the one beside , this happens mostly in the left hand
Expert:  neurosurg replied 14 days ago.

This could be from an issue with carpal tunnel syndrome, or a "pinched" nerve in the neck, or less likely from an injury to the sensory cortex in the brain.