Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I am certain I am suffering from Dysautonomia and I really

Hello I am certain I am suffering from Dysautonomia and I really need to know so that I can receive the correct treatment
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have tried to get in touch with my neurologist NHS but no luck due to covid. I am on 150mg sertraline one a day, 80mg propranolol three times a day and folic acid once a day and Prochlorperizine 5mg three times a day.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had an MRI due to a seizure I had in May this year, the MRI showed a partially empty sella nothing else. I also had a seizure 6 years ago

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today.

How can I help?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I am sure I am suffering from Dysautonomia but need to know for sure
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Sorry I do not have any more money to call

Okay thanks. Please tell me more. Messaging is fine rather than the phone call thank you.

Why are you under a Neurologist?

What symptoms concern you to ask about Dysautonomia?

THanks

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have been suffering with dizziness and neusea since January this year, recently it's worsened and has affected me being able to eat because I feel so sick. I have chest pain and breathlessness my memory is worryingly bad, I feel faint and I have low blood pressure

Okay thank you. And what makes you question Dysautomnia rather than other condtions?

Please can I ask your age?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I had a seizure in May 2020 and was sent to a neurologist for an MRI which showed a partially empty sella
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I am 36 I have generalized anxiety disorder and PTSD also.
Just that I could not work out what else it could be

Okay thank you. So with Dysautomnia there is a large part that will impact balance, your gait and being able to walk. I would therefore not be considering this as a diagnosis.

I am sorry to hear that you have had a seizure, but that MRI result is not overly concerning. Do they know what caused the seizure?

If you eating is effected along with nausea, this would suggest to me more of an upper GI problem such as Gastritis, or Reflux disease, in which case a medication such as Omeprazole would be of benefit.

The dizziness should be investigated by having an ENT examination and your Blood pressure assessed as certainly a middle ear pathology could be contributing to this.

The chest pain, sob and memory is very common in those with anxiety - however you should arrange someone to listen to your chest with the shortness of breath, an xray if indicated and ECG to investigate this further.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I do have balance problems I can't close my eyes when standing as I lose my balance. I do not have any acidity issues at all it's I feel so dizzy I can't eat it's like I'm always spinning around. No idea what caused the seizure.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
What is a partially empty sella

It implies the pituitary is slightly reduced in size, this is often incidental, therefore found but of no significance.

You still need to be examined regarding those other issues therefore I would suggest physically seeing a doctor to take this forward.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Okay that's good as I didn't understand what it was. Thank you. Would that be arranged through just answer

That is my pleasure, we can only provide advice and cannot book anything for you.