Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I've been concerned for a little over a month now about some

Hello, I've been concerned for a little over a month now about some symptoms, and just wanted to talk to someone knowledgable about the subject. I'm basically worried (and have managed to convince myself) that I have MND. About 2-3 weeks ago my doctor sent me for a blood test and I had a physical examination with him. Everything appeared normal to him so he did not refer me to a specialist for further testing, but has asked me to take Propranolol for anxiety for now. Whilst emotionally I feel more at ease, I still notice the following:
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Some weakness/stiffness in both legs and arms (left arm sometimes worse)
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: more quivering in muscles when doing push ups/planks than usual(although haven't been excercising a lot the past few months) Occasional daily episodes of light headedness and "not being with it/present". Although none of these symptoms currently prevent me from functioning as normal, I'm finding it difficult to tell if they have gotten much worse over the past month(I haven't noticed an improvement) I'm just hoping it's all "me" but I can't shake the worry of this turning out to be MND in very early stages. My age is 25 and I am male no prior medical history to report

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age and gender please?

2. Are you experiencing any weakness of the arms or legs?

3. Are you having any awkward limb movements?

4. Is there any trouble in speaking or swallowing?

5. Since how long have you had this muscle twitching?

6. Are you frequently tripping and falling?

7. Are you experiencing any sudden mood changes?

8. Is there any family history of neurodegenerative disease or ALS?

9. When was your last calcium and Vitamin D levels checked?

10. Are you currently on any regular medications or supplements?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
1. I am 25 and Male
2. Yes, both
3. Don't think so
4. No
5. I haven't been having frequent muscle twitching, only very occasionally
6. No, never
7. Sometimes, but not sure if due to worry
8. No
9. Im not sure, but had a blood test 3 weeks ago (not sure if that would have tested for it?) Results were all normal
10. No, only propranolol twice a day temporarily for anxiety
Thank you for the information
I am very much glad to assure you that there is nothing to worry about motor neurone disease here.
Clinical examination in motor neurone disease can never be normal.
There will definitely be a very rapidly progressive weakness.
Coming to the other part of muscle twitching I feel that this is benign fasciculation syndrome about which you need not worry even.
This is self-limiting.
You can be hundred percent rest assured that you do not have motor neurone disease.
I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you! Please do let me know if you need any further clarification in this regard and we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800