Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

I had a seizure yesterday and have been told not to drive.

Customer Question

I had a seizure yesterday and have been told not to drive. They’ve investigated these in the past and have said it was just a one off
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes, they gave me no medication, they ruled out epilepsy although it runs in the family.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don’t think so
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 15 days ago.

Hi thanks for getting in touch, can you tell me a bit more about what exactly you'd like to discuss? Thanks

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I want to get back driving ASAP, I’m being told it’s been referred and I wondered if there was anything I could do to speed it up, for example private treatment
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sorry I’m not prepared to pay any more

that's ok the site offers calls automatically we can continue typing. A private appointment would get you to see a neurologist sooner and would only help if they absolutely refuted that it was in fact a seizure that you had which is unlikely to be honest. the DVLA is extremely strict on the 6 month rule otherwise I'm afraid and it may well be that you do need to wait until that period is over before resuming driving.

https://www.gov.uk/epilepsy-and-driving