How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Shakeel Ansari Your Own Question
Dr.Shakeel Ansari
Dr.Shakeel Ansari, Neurology Specialist
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 259
Experience:  Post Graduate Diploma Clinical Neurology
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr.Shakeel Ansari is online now

My 19 year daughter has tourettes, autism, joint

Customer Question

Hi my 19 year daughter has tourettes, autism, joint hypermobility and was diagnosed with dystonia of right wrist by a neurologist in March. She has now got it in left foot is in great pain and distress as she has had 2 patella reconstruction and knows it is hurting this area too. Gp just said take ibroprofen and paracetamol and wait 3 weeks for physio appointment. She really does not feel she can cope and I am worried about her mental health do you have any advice
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Since Sunday in foot 21 March in right hand, can't really walk tried ice, warm water soaks and massage but she can't feel anything or move it
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She is also taking queitiapine
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 14 days ago.

Hi, this is Dr Ansari, welcome to JA,

I believe the best option to treat Dystonia and associated pain is with local Botox injection by the neurologist.

Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 14 days ago.

This will relieve the dystonia and the pain both.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How quickly do we need to get this done, her follow up is not for another 2 months and she does not feel able to cope, gp not very helpful
Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 14 days ago.

You can go to a Neurologist get a referral from GP, meanwhile for pain killers.

Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 14 days ago.

Medications need to be prescribed by your GP like clonazepam and cases dopa-responsive dystonia with levodopa.