neurosurg
neurosurg, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Neurosurgeon
206912

I am currently in the Falkland Islands for work. I take

Hi I am currently in the Falkland Islands for work. I take keppra and lamictal. They don’t have either of them here. They have lamotrigine milpharm and levetiracetam accord. I would like to know if it is ok to change brands? Thank you
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes I have seen a doctor about it. I take levetiracetam keppra and lamotrigine lamictal
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just I have no lamictal left

Hello, I'm Dr. Mark. I am board certified (USA), and have twenty years experience. Please allow me to review your question.

Yes, it would be fine to take the generic versions of your medications.

The active ingredient is exactly the same, so you should not notice any difference at all here.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thank you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
both medications are ok to take?

As long as you take them at the same dosages you have always taken them -- you won't notice a thing.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thank you so much I have been very worried as there no neurologists on the island and could not get the answers I was looking for
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hello we talked yesterday. I have requested a call so we can chat as I am still really worried. I have been told from someone that I could have a breakthrough seizure
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can we talk on here please?