Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have debillatating low back pain with Fibro as well as

Customer Question

i have debillatating low back pain with Fibro as well as more than 100 symptons . i cant stand on my feet for even 2 mins and i cant walk without a rollator is there no help to relieve me ? i want to walk normally the pain only eases if i sit down .life is not worth living like this?
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: i have had trauma death of 6yr old child. i have many depressive episodes suffer acute anxiety 2 skull fractures and severe scocial phobia from child hood also have oesteoarthritis after several falls found my balance off but icant walk or garden asi i used to will iend up not being able to walk at all? my life has been ruined why now fibromyalgia? my doctors know nothing about it it began 10 yrs ago now my back pain is destroying me
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i attend Proffessor w. paul Miller a psychiatrist at Mirabilis Health Associates who today opened new premises in Monkstown N.I. but i havent seen him for a while i desperately need my back pain to go away for ever my life is so limited i need to lose weight iam a successfull artist 71 yrs iwant to be able to walk i cant even walk round garden or play with my dogs
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 17 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern. I need some more information please.

1. Are you having any small joint pains like fingers and toes?

2. Is there any stiffness of the spine or shoulder girdle or hip girdle?

3. Are you having any rash any where over the torso?

4. Are you running chronic intermittent fever?

5. Did you suffer from EBV anytime please?

6. Do you have early morning stiffness of joints?

7. Is there any family history of autoimmune disease?

8. Can you upload all the reports which you have in hand please?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

As you are not able to respond. I will try my level best with the minimal information available.

"Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps."

Please do remember that you can still come back to me for further clarification.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

I am sorry for your symptoms.

From your symptom analysis I feel that you may be having an auto immune response.

I will explain further -

When it is working normally, the body's immune system kills germs or viruses and fungi. Sometimes, something goes wrong and the immune system starts to attack own body cells. That is called an autoimmune response. It is what happens in auto immunity. In other words, if you have auto immunity, your body is attacking itself.

Symptoms can be -

Feeling tired or weak

Lose or gain weight

Fevers, headaches

Rash on their nose and cheeks shaped like a butterfly, especially if they spend time in the sun

Hair loss

Chest pain

Bruise easily

Joint pain and stiffness

Swelling in the hands, feet, belly, or around the eyes

Urine that looks brown (tea-colored) or foamy

Sores in the mouth

Cold fingers or toes that turn pale or blue

Early morning stiffness and stiffness in the spine or shoulder or pelvic girdles

Even though reports might be normal - auto immunity is so elusive that with high index of suspicion and repeated relentless investigations we would be able to pin point what it is. Requires lot of perseverance both from your end and physician's end.

Your doctor might perform some special tests like antinuclear antibody and anti double stranded DNA, apart from the routine blood test workup.

Treatment includes non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, steroids, immuno-modulatory drugs and biological agents.

May I suggest you discuss this possibility with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.