Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I’ve been told my daughter may have fluid on her brain she’s

Customer Question

I’ve been told my daughter may have fluid on her brain she’s 9 month old
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 17 days ago.
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Pediatrics at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

May I request you to share/ upload the reports please?

Any lab test or investigation or imaging has to be interpreted in correlation with the clinical symptoms of the patient.

So I request you to elaborate on your symptoms and also the circumstances which led to go ahead with this investigation?

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 16 days ago.

As you are not able to respond. I will try my level best with the minimal information available.

"Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps."

Please do remember that you can still come back to me for further clarification.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

I am sorry for what you are going through.
This might be either congenital hydrocephalus or a simple cyst in the brain also.
The best investigative modality for imaging would be MRI brain with and without contrast.
After that based on the results she might or might not require ventriculo peritoneal shunt or she might just require follow up only.
If she is currently developmentally normal you need not worry.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani