Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I’ve had a severe headache since last week (Monday). Pain is

Customer Question

Hi I’ve had a severe headache since last week (Monday). Pain is behind my left eye and my eyebrow. When I bend down It feels like pressure and stabbing. Paracetamol doesn’t help only co codomal but just makes me drouzy but the pain is so excruciating I desperately take it for it to stop. It happens when I wake up and lasts around 6 hours. This happend last year each month for a week and over straight I went to the docotor and they said it could be migraines or cluster headaches but I was just to track my eating. No food really triggers it and it just appears randomly. This is the first time it’s happend since December. I’ve also had my eyes checked last year when it began and they said they were healthy. Just would like to know what is it
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: No. My vision is fine.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 15 days ago.

This is Dr David

this sounds like ocular migraines.  You should ask your GP to try migraine medications like sumatriptan or topamax to see if they help.  Do you have runny nose or sinus congestion?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No I don’t
Expert:  Dr. David replied 15 days ago.

Try some migraine headache medication. And make an appointment to see your GP doctor to get those medications to try

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I could potentially go blind from an ocular migrane ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 15 days ago.

no, you don't go blind from an ocular migraine

I think you are having migraines headaches behind your eyes.