the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

I have narcolepsy, the most troubling symptoms being the

Customer Question

I have narcolepsy, the most troubling symptoms being the night terrors and sleep paralysis in combination with auditory hallucinations which are either single words or a ridiculously loud alarm sound. I have been prescribed and been taking 7.5 of zopiclone and 20mg of citalopram to combat its effects. This allowed me some normality in life. However, my GP has just cut my dose without speaking to a neurologist. I am suffering, I am now on night 3 with just a couple of hours sleep. When I do fall asleep it is encumbered by the full force of the symptoms mentioned above. I am too scared to go to sleep, its like being tortured. I can' t move or scream. I concentrate on opening one eye to get me out, when out I have to get back up or it will just happen again and again. Please help, getting desperate. I am doing all the normal.sleep hygiene things. There is a three month wait to speak to a neurologist. Getting desperate. Don't want to return to taking cocktails of antihistamines in desperation. I got this wrong once and ended up in hospital.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: Eh? My eyes are fine just have dry eye where they are open for so long.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Been like this since childhood. Hospitalised for a year from 15 to 16 because they thought I was loopy. Heavily medicated me with Temazepam. When I left there I used antihistamines and exhausted myself with 3 jobs to.control it until they diagnosed me correctly and prescribed the zopiclone and ssri.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Been on the Citalopram and zopiclone for 12 years. For info.
Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 13 days ago.

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

I'm very sorry about this

We are not allowed to give meds online

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ive not asked for meds? What are you talking about?
Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 11 days ago.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to assume that.

What is your question for me about this?