Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I want to speak to neurologist about shakey brain migrain

I want to speak to neurologist about shakey brain migrain aura
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: medication
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern. I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age and gender please?

2. Since how long have you had these symptoms?

3. Is there any dizziness so severe that you need to hold on to something when you feel dizzy?

4. Do positional changes (like turning head/ turning around/ standing from sitting) induce dizziness?

5. Are these headaches associated with nausea and vomiting and if there is vomiting does the headache get better?

6. During the headache are you in an irritable mood?

7. Does sleep make the headache better?

8. Do flashes of light like you experience while driving at night because of oncoming vehicle lights or seeing TV in a dark room or stress, precipitate headache?

9. Is the headache always one sided or does it alternate?

10. Off late have you observed any weakness of any body part?

11. Are you currently on any medication?

12. Is there any personal or family history of migraine?

13. Is there any personal or family history of seizure disorder please?

14. Does this head ache last only for few seconds with very high intensity or is it a dull nagging head ache going on for hours together?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi I just wrote this out in more detail and copy and pasted it for you ....
I had the AstraZeneca vaccine 3 months ago and have had very bad migraine aura everyday since. Ring ears, pins needles, blind spots, red spots, flashing, toothache, really painful neck. Weakness down right side and pain. Trouble with speech. Alice wonderland syndrome. The headaches seem to movearound but mostly seem to be in the back and on top and down the right side.
I got propranolol it helped a bit but o still got them everyday and it stopped me sleeping and made the situation worse. Triptans were good but I needed them everyday. I’m on topiramate now. Symptoms improving but I wanted to ask, when I do get a migraine can I take triptans? Also topiramate has stoped my sleep too ..can I take sleeping tablets?Also when I’ve had a busy day, maybe a couple of migraines and lack of sleep, when I lay down my brain sometimes feels funny. It feels like it’s builds up and all of a sudden I feel very dizzy, very sick and my brain at the back only the bottom bit starts to shake. Sometimes aggressively. I can feel it vibrate through my throat shaking my tonsils. I feel pulsating, maybe blood vessels? I feel relaxed when this happens and zoned out but I am aware my brain is shaking. It only lasts for 1 minute. Afterwards I’m really tired and I want to sleep a lot. I have a headache too. This happens to me when I’m laying down. Sometimes just small mini ones. Sometimes bigger shakes. Not everyday. Usually I can’t sleep at all. What is this?

The possibilities are -

1. Primary stabbing headache.

2. Benign intracranial hypertension.

I suggest -

1. Amlodepine.

2. Levetiracetam.

3. Cyproheptadine.

4. Yes you can take triptans on as and when required basis.

For sleep you can take -

1. Tablet Benadryl 25mg 1 hour before going to sleep.

2. Melatonin 3mg before bed may help both headaches and sleep as well.

In addition to these medications, please follow -

1. Good sleep hygiene of 8 hours of sleep per day.

2. Avoid certain food like high sugar content and caffeine before bed.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease.

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have some melatonin at home
Ami allowed to take that tonight with topiramate? Until I can get an appointment for medicine

Yes.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your help
Please can you write the names of the other medicines so I don’t forget.

I have already done that and I will do it again for your convenience.

1. Amlodepine.

2. Levetiracetam.

3. Cyproheptadine.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

You are welcome.

Thank you so much for the bonus!