Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Hutchinsons mask

Customer Question

Hutchinsons mask
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

What is your question? How can I help you?

Hutchinson's mask mandate ban ruled out any mask mandates. As a result covid cases are rising throughout the state and he is now trying to reverse this mask mandate.

If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello, my boyfriend is experiencing a feeling of spiderwebs on his face for several days now, studying neuropsychology myself I am beginning to worry about something neurophysiological in nature. He has been tested to eliminate neurosyphilis as a cause but we don't know where to go from here ?
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 16 days ago.

Such abnormal sensations in various parts of the body are called Paresthesias.
The different types of abnormal sensations that are experienced include crawling, tingling, pricking, shooting, burning or numbness. You are having crawling sensation. They may occur in a patch of skin or over a whole limb. Although more common n the limbs, they can occur on a patch of skin anywhere in the body including the face, thorax, etc.

Paresthesias occur due to a sensation in the nerves. This can occur due to electrolyte imbalance, diabetes, thyroid disorders, stress, anxiety, aging, etc. For you the most likely cause is stress and anxiety. There could also be some associated electrolyte imbalance.

There are various ways to treat Paresthesias. You should take the following steps at home:

Have a lot of electrolyte fluids like Gatorade.

Vitamin supplements: take Vitamin B and Vitamin E supplements which are available at all pharmacies.

Avoid smoking, cut down on alcohol, cut down on caffeine

High fiber diet -vegetables, fruits, non processed meat and fish - be sure to take nutritious diet

Avoid fatty fried foods

Maintaining regular bowel movements at fixed time

Regular hours of sleep

Regular exercise - take 30 minutes of walk 5 times a week.

Treating stress and depression: if you are having any stress and depression you should discuss this with your doctor. See your Family Physician / Primary care physician and ask about stress/depression which can set off this health anxiety. Anti anxiety medicines will benefit you greatly - ask for them.You can also ask for a salivary stress test which will determine the cortisol levels which can determine your level of stress. Such stress tests can also be done as a home test - look it up.

If these steps do not help, you need to consult your doctor for this if your symptoms persist. Medicines like Gabapentin and Lyrica are given for this, discuss this with your doctor.

But generally these steps are sufficient in most cases.