Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

Smelling tasting iron, Took floradix liquid before Christmas

Smelling tasting iron
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Took floradix liquid before Christmas and didn't need iron took 2 bottles thought it was a tonic
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Feel as if I have poisoned myself no appetite weight lose and flu like systems from march

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about the odd taste. I think the floradix is unlikely to have caused a problem and excess iron in the body is unlikely to be the cause of the metallic taste but this can be confirmed by asking your GP to check your iron levels. The reason it's unlikely is that the body is very good at getting rid of excess iron very easily. More important is to ask your GP to check your kidney and liver blood tests. Just to be sure. It's not necessarily related to a problem with either but they certainly can cause metallic tastes in the mouth. The other thing is the acid reflux from the stomach can also cause a metallic taste so speak to your GP about potentially starting some medication to treat this and see if it helps. I hope that's helpful, all the very best.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm just very scared that I have poisoned myself
My appetite is terrible and very bad constipation
Have never been sick in my life and have had scans and different tests done and nothing
I also have a feeling of my skin burning and flue like symptoms from March
Brown stuff coming from nose and keep getting thrush on my tongue
If I don't get to the bottom of this I don't think I will be here for long

It's 1000% not the floradix. You can get that thought away I promise. I would get the thrush treated and also ask your GP to test you for diabetes too just in case.