Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Dr.
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

Is it safe for somebody who has epilepsy to have a tooth

Customer Question

is it safe for somebody who has epilepsy to have a tooth implant.
JA: Have you had any past treatments or tests related to the implant? If so, what were the results?
Customer: No - I have appt soon to see if I am suitable candidate for implant.
JA: Got it. Can you see or feel anything else in your mouth that is causing concern?
Customer: no - I had three teeth extracted from top left of mouth and now I have a misalignment.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: I had right temporal lobe surgery in 2003 and have been seizure free since.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Board Certified Medicine Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

Yes this is safe and this procedure is performed commonly in patients with epilepsy.

In general, if the seizures are well controlled there is no absolute contraindication to dental implants.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Give Rating to my service as this is the best way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.