Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

Can someone watch a video I shot. To see if I have an issue

Customer Question

Can someone watch a video I shot. To see if I have an issue or not? Really hoping not so
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

What is your concern please? Are you able to attach the video?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It won't seem to let me send
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

Is there an option to attach a file your end?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Kind of. On this message steam but it doesn't accept the video. So I am assuming it is too large a file or not correctly formatted
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
stream. *stream. I mean
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

I see, are you able to make the video smaller?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I tried to make it a lot smaller but it still doesn't send. No bother.
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

I am sorry it will not accept this. Can you describe your concern?

You also have a number of other questions open - are these all about the same issue?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
they are one and the same. I couldn't really navigate or understand the Web page very well. I am talking to myself, I have what I only can describe as tics...swearing unnecessarily, touching different parts of my face/torso continuously. But there's more than that. I speak in what I can only describe as 'tongues' at times, I try and suppress that bit but sometimes when I'm alone and not in a good place, it comes out almost fluently.
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

I see, I can only imagine how stressful this is. How long have you had this? Have others noticed your problem?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
There's more than that still but, to give you an idea
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

If these are ongoing issues then it would indeed be worth being seen in clinic. Have you spoken with your GP? Often these issues can be from stress, or certainly aggravated by stress as well.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It has come on, progressively, in the last 5 years. And accelerated this year. I ended up in a mental institution for a bit because I attempted to take my own life and, neurologically, things seemed to worsen up to that point and continue afterwards.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I haven't spoken to the GP because I just feel a lot of stigma and disbelief around neurological issues
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

I see, I am sorry to hear of your concern. If you are keen to address this then you should speak with them about this first. It would only be you and your GP who would know about it