Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

I have fibromyalgia, Yes u have, Body pain, When i take

Customer Question

I have fibromyalgia
JA: Do you have frequent headaches? Any issues with coordination or balance?
Customer: Yes u have
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Body pain
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: When i take layrica its little become less
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 14 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? I may take a few minutes to reply as dealing with other patients too, thank you

I am sorry to hear about what's been troubling you. I would certainly advise trying pain killers such as ibuprofen and paracetamol as well as the pregabalin you've tried (and the dose can be increased of course if needed too). Otherwise some anti-depression medications have shown good results for fibromyalgia symptoms as well such as Duloxetine which your GP can consider trying for you. Also it's worth looking at physical therapy such as with a physiotherapist as they can often help you with exercises that improve strength, flexibility and stamina that can significantly help reduce your symptoms. 

I really hope that was helpful and you feel better for it. Please do come back if you've other questions anytime and all the very best for the future.