Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

It started with right side groin pain and testicular pain.

It started with right side groin pain and testicular pain. The pain then spread to the inside of my right thigh as well which is very sore. I then started getting weird popping sensations and the feeling that liquid was moving all over my lower body. The pain/discomfort is very bad and I'm wondering what could be causing this. I spoke with 4 different doctors. My GP thought hernia because when she poked on my groin there was a lot of pain is a classic hernia spot, but she couldn't actually find a hernia. The others thought probably not a hernia on the basis that they couldn't find one. It was also suggested it could be an infection. But my antibiotics they gave me have done nothing to help my symptoms so far. I have no pain in my lower back but it seemed like it might still be a nerve suppression issue causing refered pain perhaps?

Good afternoon, thank you for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? I may take a few minutes to reply as dealing with other patients too, thank you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I want your opinion on what could be going on with me. I have an ultrasound coming up, but it's not for another week. I had blood and urine tests come back clean. I want to know Ur opinion on if u think this sounds like a hernia or a back/nerve problem or whatever else.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sometimes I get random liquid feeling on my hips as well and it my feet
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
u think most likely based on all my symptoms that it's a hernia?

I would say that's probably the most likely scenario yes, given the feelings and symptoms you've described. Sometimes an MRI scan is needed to confirm this after an ultrasound but we should start with an ultrasound scan first.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ahh that really sucks if it's accurate. I have a fear of surgery. U dont think it's weird that 4 different doctors couldn't find it?

They don't always need surgery so I wouldn't be too concerned and a small hernia is often difficult to detect by examination but can be seen by scan. Things like weight management and abdominal exercises can often be enough to get it under control but the scan is needed first of course.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hmmm the problem is that my symptoms are incredibly painful and stop me from doing anything. In in bed all day because it's too painful to do anything else. I'm a very healthy weight (186cm, 82KG).
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I also have similar pain on the left side of my groin in the same spot (just smaller and a bit less painful). Could be a double hernia I guess? But what are the odds that second one popped when I'm laying in bed.

Unlikely I think but the ultrasound will let us know for sure really.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay. I just kinda figured that they are either both hernias or neither are as I had very similar symptoms and styles on pain on both sides. But of course I can be wrong.

They're likely unrelated to be honest. 

I really hope that was helpful and you feel better for it. Please do come back if you've other questions anytime and all the very best for the future.