Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I'm admitted to the hospital. Experience severe headache on

Customer Question

I'm admitted to the hospital. Experience severe headache on my right side. No pain medication helps.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Daily. Yes I'm vomiting if not getting antisickness
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm a cancer head and neck paitent. Also HIV + Hep. B D
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question.

Can you tell me your age?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
33

Wich medication do you take regularly?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Pregabalin, Atripla (HIV treatment scheme) Now started laxatives since in the hospital, ibuprofen and oralmorph and nothing of these works
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I experience severe headache and facial pain on my right side which is spreading to my neck giving me spasms

how can I help you?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I suspect I have aneurysm I would like you to asses me and either confirm or not pls

ok, please give me a moment

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to be able to assist you, I am very sorry for the health situation you have been experiencing with everything you tell me, I understand that this can considerably improve your quality of life, so I will try to guide you properly in this regard, what you are experiencing is a genuinely complex situation that must be assessed through the realization of certain specific imaging studies among which an initial cranial tomography is essential, later an MRI will help us determine if there is really some structural or anatomical alteration at the neurovascular level in the brain that may be triggering these symptoms, however I want to tell you that all the background you have precede the signs and symptoms that you have, you have to take into account that if it has been proven that you have been diagnosed with a neurological alteration, it is essential to take into account that if it has been proven that you have been diagnosed with a neurological alteration in the brain that may be triggering these symptoms. If a tumor is present in the neck of the head, this is most likely causing compression of specific nerve structures that may be triggering pain. In addition, immunosuppression or compromise of the immune system by the human immunodeficiency virus can start opportunistic infections that generally do not occur in immunocompetent patients because they have an immune system strong enough to fight any infectious process. You can not rule out the possibility of pictures such as encephalitis, which is an inflammation of the brain parenchyma generated mainly through the virus. As you will see, it is a truly complex situation that your doctor should assess in person and should be evaluated after completing all the studies described above because if not, we will be working blindly.