KemalG
KemalG,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

It may to much of an involved question to ask online for

Customer Question

Hi it may to much of an involved question to ask online for free so maybe just an idea would be helpful. And thanks for your time in advance
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have MS I live in the Netherlands was diagnosed in the Netherlands and have treatment in the Netherlands and moved here about 9-10 years ago from England where I am national. I would like to return to the UK but have no idea if they would pay for the drug I have to continue 'ocrelizumab' twice yearly.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Err I'm 31 years old. Male
Category: Neurology
Expert:  KemalG replied 14 days ago.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

If you are planning to return to UK and register with a GP there, you should have free access to all the NHS services for free of charge.

Different countries have different guidelines when it comes to certain treatments and so, if your MS medication is available in the UK then you should be able to get it free of charge. 

Expert:  KemalG replied 14 days ago.

Ocrelizumab is available in the UK under NHS services and can be prescribed to MS patients as appropriate.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK would you know weather ocrelizumab is covered? I ask as I'm told I'm very lucky to be on this treatment and that it is expensive. I have also tried 3+ level 1 treatments and 2 level 2 treatments with very bad consequences leading to this now 'stable' for 15 months over the last 3 MRI Scans
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ha you beat me
Expert:  KemalG replied 14 days ago.

Yes, this medication is available on the NHS for relapsing MS patients.

You can have a look at the following link for more information:

https://www.mssociety.org.uk/about-ms/treatments-and-therapies/disease-modifying-therapies/ocrelizumab#:~:text=Across%20the%20UK%3A,show%20you%20have%20new%20lesions.