Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, GP
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

I have a new symptom of my MS and I'm wondering if it will

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a new symptom of my MS and I'm wondering if it will pass. It's left hand spasticity in three of the fingers. The muscles can contract but they can't extend.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Are you a person or an automated chat bot?
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Nope

This is Dr. Naz.

I have over 10 years of experience.

I’d be happy to assist you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service.

Please ignore if you do not want a phone call. We can continue our discussion over the chat.

I am offering information only and do not intend to establish, nor should my response be taken as establishing a doctor-patient relationship.

I'm sorry you are having this issue. I will do my best to help you.

I’d love to understand more about the situation. Please allow me to be of assistance.

I appreciate you taking the time to ask your question.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi did you see my message from earlier?

Are you diagnosed with MS?

When were you diagnosed?

What medications are you on?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am diagnosed with MS yes. No medication at present but the MS nurses are visiting me on Friday to discuss treatment options.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Here's my diagnosis letter
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Here's the text of the letter (easier to read):
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Diagnosis:
Multiple Sclerosis (MRI scan of head with gadolinium, shows numerous
periventricular and subcortical lesions, x1 callosal lesion, a lesion within
the right middle cerebellar peduncle with some contrast enhancement,
MRI scan of whole spine shows a lesion at C1 and C6/7 (3.5 cm long), no
CF examined).
This 38 year old gentleman was referred on from Hereford County Hospital. He has a past
history of tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, myringoplasty x2 and whiplash injury in 2004. He
recently had 5 days of Methylprednisolone 500mg once daily orally.
Without preceding pyrexial illness, about three weeks ago, the patient developed
paraesthesiae and a wet sensation from his toes up to the umbilicus, including the perineum
This came on over several days. There was no involvement of the upper limbs but the
patient describes Lhermitte's phenomenon. His balance and sphincters have not been
affected. He has developed some pain in the lower parts of both legs. He has no past history
of optic neuritis. He has noticed some improvement following on from the steroids. The
patient does not drive.
Detailed neurological examination today revealed only some mild weakness of hip flexion
to 4+/5 bilaterally. Vibration sensation was lost to the ankles bilaterally. I reviewed his
imaging, which is outlined above.
I have explained to the patient that he has Multiple Sclerosis but have tried to emphasise
that his symptoms should respond to the oral steroids, although I probably would have
opted for intravenous Methylprednisolone, given the choice. Although he has had only a
single attack, he has a relatively high lesion load and should therefore be put forward for
disease modifying therapy. The patient has consented for me to refer him to Dr Gordon
Mazibrada, Consultant Neurologist with a particular interest in MS at Spire Parkway
Hospital in Solihull. I will refer him to our MS Specialist Nurses at Hereford Countv
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I'm just wondering if you know my recent spasticity symptom is will go away or not?

You should be started on medication, like baclofen which will help with your spasticity and help with your symtpoms as well.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK so that should treat the spast
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
spasticity*?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.

You are welcome.

Yes.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
it will return to normal function with the meds?

Yes.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Great to know. Thanks for your help.

You are welcome.