How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Neuropathy
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Neuropathy Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

i am not sure if this is the right section for asking this

Customer Question

i am not sure if this is the right section for asking this question but please advise me what kind of doctor i would need. My sons friend is staying with us in england.He is american
and keeps asking us to take him to get over the counter meds for helping him to sleep. He says he has been suffering from insomnia all his life [ throughout childhood]. He finds it very difficult to sleep at night and tosses and turns until the early hours of morning.On average it takes him 4 hours to sleep after going to bed. He is 21 years old.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Neuropathy
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
The best doctor, if you can find one in your area, would be a sleep medicine specialist.
So I would strongly recommend that he consult a sleep medicine doctor if possible.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please do rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Kindest regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He lives in arizona usa and does not have health insurance because he is a student and its very expensive to get insurance there. so searching for a sleep specialist would not be a way he could proceed. can you suggest a reading resource or over counter meds maybe?