Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have crohn's disease with joint pain and have had shoulder

Customer Question

I have crohn's disease with joint pain and have had shoulder blade pain before my diagnosis, but the last few weeks the pain is gerring worse and radiating to my left arm and causing numbness and tingling. I'm seeing a physio tomorrow but looking for advice here.. thanks!
Category: Neuropathy
Expert:  Dr. David replied 12 days ago.

this is Dr. David

I am sorry about these symptoms

you should see your doctor to get an exam

you may need an MRI scan of your neck spine to check for pinched nerves and slipped disks in your neck.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi doctor
Expert:  Dr. David replied 12 days ago.

hello

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Are my symptoms in keeping with a pinched nerve? Every time I lower my shoulder blade on the left it clicks and I have shooting pains.. Will seeing a physio be a waste of time?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 12 days ago.

yes, you could have a slipped disk in your neck pressing on on nerves coming out of your neck spinal cord.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Shall I still pay for my physio appointment tomorrow or just go to my GP to get scans done?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 12 days ago.

you can try physical therapy exercises to help the disk go back into the neck into proper position

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Okay, perfect. Thanks for your help and have a good day

Expert:  Dr. David replied 12 days ago.

you are welcome