How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 23617
Experience:  New Zealand qualified lawyer with 38 years of experience.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now

My insurance company are looking into a car claim. My son

Customer Question

My insurance company are looking into a car claim. My son was witness to it and the second accident happened after leaving my car at his fathers house. The insurance company sent the father a letter for liability and so my son when giving a statement said that he was driving not me to support his fathers claim for not being liable so he wouldnt have to pay. My son now wants to go back to the insurance company to change his statement.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

You will need to think about this fairly carefully as your son may potentially get sued by the insurance company. If he does tell them that the first version was wrong, then they will look carefully at any claims, and likely refuse cover. His father could also have a problem and lose his insurance, plus have his insurance cancelled.