How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 23459
Experience:  New Zealand qualified lawyer with 38 years of experience.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now

Can i become a New Zealand resident if i have work through

Customer Question

Can i become a New Zealand resident if i have work through an agency as an electrician with a full practising licence with a work visa under the essential skills policy or category rather than a work to Residency visa as the particular Agency is not accredited for the latter as i personally would like to emmigrate with the view to obtaining Residency after 2 years. Can you please explain the distinction between the two as i would have preferred the latter. It lasting for five years!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: New Zealand Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but i need to know if i can have valid multiple entry travel conditions to return to New Zealand from UK for personal reasons and can i apply for residency within that time period to become a resident with citizenship bare in mind i have already been assessed with no criminal convictions. Salary i have been offered $43,640.00 P.A.
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

You can apply for residency once you have worked here on the work visa option. Getting the skilled migrants visa is a better option In any event, as it is more flexible than working to residency, and is shorter in time. You can apply for permanent residency from this. Essential skills lasts for five years, although when here after that time you can still apply for a different visa. But skilled migrant would be a smoother option

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about freedom of movement to and from the Uk and NewZealand for personal reasons family bereavement!?...How do i apply for that on my Skilled Migrant Visa!?
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

You can travel in and out of New Zealand as often as you like until your travel conditions expire.

To travel after that, you’ll need to apply for and be granted either:

  • a Permanent Resident Visa
  • a variation of your travel conditions, which would allow you to return to New Zealand at a later date.

Your travel conditions will expire 5 years from the date you first arrive in New Zealand as a resident.

If you’re outside of New Zealand when your travel conditions expire, your visa will expire as well.

You will be told any travel conditions when you get your visa