Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  New Zealand qualified lawyer with 40 years of experience.
32702153

Can you help with a g30 form going to new zealand, its for

can you help with a g30 form going to new zealand
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: its for new zealand i am in england can you help complete a G30
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Can you help with a g30 form
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can you help with a g30 form
I am a New Zealand lawyer based in Wellington and will help you with your question today. Please give me a minute to read your question
I don’t know what a G 30 form is, can you explain please
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Chris, great to hear from you
I am in the process of sending a UK court order to the high court in NZ and to register and enforce this I need to complete and send in a G30 form and affidavit (which i have i just need this signing under oath)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Form G 30 Application for registration of foreign judgment under Reciprocal Enforcement of Judgments Act 1934 r 23.4(1)
I understand. What was the issue? You can swear the affidavit before an English solicitor
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I just need to add the following details (listed below) on a G30 form before the application can be completedThey are as follows:The application as per Rule 23.4 must be made by originating application in Form G 30. The application may be made without notice , and if so certification as under rule 7.23 applies. Rule 23.4(2) if application is made on notice, then Form G30 should be modified accordingly. See note 1 at end of Form.
The heading to each document must:
Include both a reference to the Reciprocal Enforcement of Judgments Act 1934 and a reference to the judgment sought to be enforced, and
Specify both the court in which the judgment was given and the parties to the judgment. Rule 23.5
Format and content of forms:
The High Court Rules specify requirements of the presentation of forms, In particular, refer to the following rules
Use the General heading for documents as set out in form G 1 at the beginning of each document
Rule 5.10 prescribes the content and format of the coversheet of a document.
When filing your first document as a party in a proceeding, at the end of it you must set out a memorandum containing prescribed information . (see Rule 5.44 and form G 10)
The affidavit need to be verified properly before a person who is authorised to take oaths, such as a solicitor or a Justice of the Peace. Under the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957 you may affirm instead of swearing an oath. “Affirming” means “solemnly, sincerely, ***** ***** declaring and affirming” the contents of a document. If you choose to affirm, change “sworn” to “affirmed” where it occurs in the form.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I just need these details changing and it verified (thought it would be best for a NZ lawyer to do this as it's for the NZ courts)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I also now have a penal notice to attach to the court order - does this change anything on the form?
For the affidavit you just say affirmed instead of sworn wherever it is used. Just attach the penal notice to the English order
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK thank you. I don't have affirmed or sworn written in my affidavit
Its just the header and then the description of why my ex is in contempt of court
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
How about the details for the G30 form?

You wont be able to enforce the contempt issue in New Zealand as that is a matter for the English court. What sort of judgment is this?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My ex partner is from Auckland and lives there, I have been told that I can transfer my UK court order into a NZ court order by registering and processing this with the high courts

What is the court order about?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
They have already registered it and I have a case number, I just need to sort out the minor details listed above with the help of a lawyer, I pay the $540 and then it will be processed
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
He has been court ordered to pay maintenance to myself monthly until final settlement and this is to be back dated from March 2020. He is also court ordered three times to disclose company and trust accounts

Is this a decision of a the English High Court? That is what is needed to register the judgment

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
we are in the courts in the UK
I need to make the adjustments to the G30 form listed above and to have a NZ lawyer sign the affidavit
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Once the form is completed correctly and the fee paid they will send to the IRD and they process it within 7 days

There are actually plenty of NZ lawyers in England but you can sign in front of an English solicitor. What part of G30 dont you understand?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I don't understand the following:The application as per Rule 23.4 must be made by originating application in Form G 30. The application may be made without notice , and if so certification as under rule 7.23 applies. Rule 23.4(2) if application is made on notice, then Form G30 should be modified accordingly. See note 1 at end of Form.
The heading to each document must:
Format and content of forms:

We do not normally assist in preparation of documents on this site but can do so as an extra fee. Those issues are straightforward to any experienced litigator however. How would you like to do this?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I assumed this was a very simple task for those in the know. How much would it be to correct these details?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I can get the affidavit ticked off tomorrow

The documents would take a couple of hours at most

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
A few hours?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry i thought it was very minor work with change of headings and very small details such as 'without notice' etc
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I can do it for £150 if that is something you can consider

Because it is the High Court it needs to be drafted carefully. You could perhaps instruct a New Zealand lawyer direct although that would be more. I assume costs is an issue here-that's no problem. I can do it for that however

If that is works, send the UK documents to***@******.***, and I will send the draft back

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok yes that would be great, thank you. Yes sadly money is an issue as i'm trying to get my maintenance back dated from March
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ok great, i will email over now - thank you

I will get these done later today

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ok great, thank you

When you accept the offer I can send the drafts

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

I accept the £150 - are the drafts complete? I can make payment now if you can email back at s***@me.com. Thank you