Mike
Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi guys, I have a 2006 Nissan 350GT a couple of weeks ago

Hi guys,

I have a 2006 Nissan 350GT a couple of weeks ago during the bad weather I switched the transmission onto SNOW mode for 5 mins and then back again.

Now it has a warning on the dash 'CHECK TM'. when I tried to drive it, it felt like the clutch was slipping!! Then after slowly accelerating it seemed ok in the higher gears.

Any ideas before I have to take it to the garage?

Thanks for your help & time.

Kind Regards
Andy
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

Something has gone amiss in the transmission for you to have this now-- Basically what's happened is, the trans has developed a fault somewhere in either the transmission or the control side - and the TCM, Transmission control module / computer, has seen / detected this - and put that fault light / message on to tell you .

Too -when that light / fault message is on, it will feel like its slipping as you describe - now that can either be because indeed it is ..ie, that is its fault...or, its because the system is in Safe mode.. or , Limp mode...(which it will be with the fault light on)...meaning that the trans will only drive in 3rd gear -- its like a fail safe mode to enable you to drive it - just with no real power so as to protect the systems while that fault light is on.

With this , Im afraid there is nothing you can do on a diy basis - it needs to have a plug in fault test done - this connects to the TCM fault log - and finds out exactly what's happened for you -- then the tech can see on the machine, just what needs attention / to sort the issue you have.

So that explains all for you and what to do now and why etc - let me know how you get on..

Let me know if you need anything else on this -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me any time if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.