sean
sean, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience:  Technician for 30 years.
31670004

what grade of oil should I be running in a Nissan navara stx

what grade of oil should I be running in a Nissan navara stx 2006 model 2wd presently the service station put in 15w 40

Hello, I hope the following is of assistance.

The recommended oil grade for this engine is 5W-30. If the vehicle has a DPF then 15W-40 certainly shouldn't be used, this oil is only recommended in this engine if there is no DPF fitted and the engine is subjected to extremely cold conditions.

I hope this helps but if I can assist further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thank you for the lead so far, this model 2006 as far as I know dosnt have a dpf, so are you saying 15w-40 is ok, I had seen where a directive from Nissan suggested 15-w 40 shouldn't be used, that 10w-40 was the better oil to go to as it didn't wear certain components to the same extent as the 15w-40, in saying that also I take it that 5w-30 is ok whether it has dpf or not , I would be pleased if you can get back to me as soon as possible many thanks

Hello again,
the recommended oil is 5W-30, regardless of a DPF, allother grades are only advised for extreme climate conditions not seen in the UK.
I hope this clarifies things for you.
Best wishes,
Sean.