Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 1996 Terrano II removed the steering wheel recently

I have a 1996 Terrano II removed the steering wheel recently because of a Horn fault,the fault was corrected but since the airbag light has started to flash. Is there an easy fix please?

Ron

DSMtuner :

Full Size Image

DSMtuner :

try this procedure.

DSMtuner :

if there are no hard faults it should reset.

DSMtuner :

otherwise you will need to have a scanner used to identify the fault of clear the light

DSMtuner :

the flashing your getting has no significant meaning, just that it detects a fault in the system that needs repaired

DSMtuner :

In the future.

DSMtuner :

Never work on an air bag without first disconnecting the battery and waiting 5 minutes.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi again

Could not open your link to view the image? Could you resend via my e mail address please?

[email protected]

Thank You

Ron

Your email is all xxxxxxxxxxx

the sight blocks it, because personal contact is not allowed.

graphic

try this.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Again

Thanks but still no image when I click to open?

Have you experienced this with customers before? Could you tell me in words what I have to do as I can't view the image please?

Ron

07932339569

Yes, lately we have had alot of issues with this.

I am almost positive it's a site issue.

So I am using a photo hosting site to link customers to for images.

CLICK HERE TO LINK TO THE IMAGE

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Again

Well viewed the diagram and tried out your fix, it has not worked as airbag light still flashing! what can I try next noting I had asked my mechanic but his scanner did not cover my old Terrano?

Wish I never had taken off the steering wheel now!

Ron

Not much else you can do without an ABS capable scan tool.

If you unplug any ABS module ect with the battery connected, even after reconnecting the module the light will remain on until it's cleared with a scan tool.

Thats why you never want to work on any ABS components unless the battery is disconnected and has been for at least 5 minutes.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok then my fault for trying diy and thanks for your help and suggested fixes. Will have to find someone with a scanner that can plug in and fix?

Your welcome!

Regards, Jake.