Mike, UK Nissan Car Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert

NCVT light on. on dashboard Vehicle won't move

Customer Question

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
IF your check of the fluid has proven ok - ie, its up to its level ok- then the fault lies in the CVT system Im afraid.
To fnd out what is happening - you would have to have a diagnostic machine plugged into the port in the fuse box - and this will connect to the TCM - for the transmission -and tell why the light is on / ID the actual fault.. and then you can progress from there.
SO Im afraid you are going to need to arrange to have that done - If you can get a mobile mech with the right equipment to come to you - or you will need to have the car taken in to be checked as above..
Im sorry there is no easy answer to this one... it has to be tested / checked as above on this one as the fault is with the cvt .
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE