Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a nissan qashqai with several problems, firstly the

Hi I have a nissan qashqai with several problems, firstly the keyless system has stopped working,i have had a new key supplied and a locksmith come round this morning to re programme the key as it wasn't working a lot of the time and once trapped me in the car with the alarm sounding, this new key couldn't be programmed and i now have a key that won't even lock the car on remote? the locksmith has suggested i might need to go to a nissan main delaer to see what is wrong but i just can't afford it, is there anything like maybe a fuse inside that might chage things? also heater not working or the heated leather seats?? Hope you can help.thankyou
hey there, thanks for your question
Have you checked ALL THE FUSES?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No i don't think he checked any fuses..and i wouldn't know how to.Where would i find them?
There is an interior fuse panel by the drivers knee panel and there is a fuse panel under the hood by the battery,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks i'll ask my mechanic to take a look, could this be responsible for the heated seats not working and the heating sytem too? they've all stopped working.
You have one of 2 things going on here. You either have a faulty BCM (body control module) some people refer to it as the central locking unit module. Or You have a blown fuse or fusible link. Considering the seats are effected, I would bet it's a fuse issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks very much i'll get that all looked into asap
Your most welcome, if you need further assistance just ask.